Debt collection Tajikistan
Tajikistan has mostly agrarian economy, though share of industry grows over past decades. Trade balance is clearly negative (import considerably prevails over export).
The main partners in foreign trade are CIS countries, mainly Russia and Kazakhstan with China and Turkey following them.
Foreign trade is weak and not developed.
Tajikistan has ancient, oriental and very conservative culture. Old traditions are very respected; influence of western culture and business practices is very limited.
National language is Tajik from Indo-Iranian languages group. Russian is considered as language of trans-national communication but de facto only around 20% of population understand it, mainly in the big cities. Uzbek language is used in some regions. English coverage is very weak; it is spoken only by young people in big cities and some businessmen.
The main challenges to collect debt in Tajikistan are:
- Oriental culture and conservative mentality creates difficulties in understanding business partners;
- Bureaucratic regulations and unstable local currency make it difficult to pay abroad;
- Lack of local debt collection market requires more efforts to collect debt.
How to collect debt in Tajikistan?
Amicable collection is the most effective and cost-saving way to recover debt in Tajikistan. It is advised to refer case to collection when the debt is delinquent over 3 months. The less delinquency is the more chances to collect debt are.
Amicable collection is applicable almost in any case apart from case of debtor’s bankruptcy or liquidation.
Amicable collection is still possible even after statute of limitations (3 years) expired, though chances to collect declines dramatically after 1 year.
Whether amicable pre-legal collection proves to be ineffective, we check prospects of legal actions to recover the debt. Whether debtor is solvent and prospects are good, we will suggest optimal solution how to recover debt via legal actions in Tajikistan.
What we do to recover a debt in Tajikistan?
- study case details
- find core reason of failing to pay
- find debtor’s decision makers and financial controllers
- resolve language and cultural issues to reach payment agreement between creditor and debtor
- resolve legal and administrative problems to facilitate pending payments
- consult in finances to enable debtor to pay
- consult in local legislation and business threats to convince debtor to pay
- prepare case for legal actions
- file and support claim in court
- support enforcement of court award
How long it takes in Tajikistan?
Average time to recover debt in Tajikistan is 93 days.
What the fees are?
The success fee makes 18% commission from any money recovered.
No collection – no fee policy applies.
For legal collection, fees are calculated individually for every case, depending on nature of the case, debt amount, debtor’s location.
- we know local Tajikistan laws and customs
- we understand local Tajikistan languages
- we charge no fees, unless debt is recovered
- we provide operative reporting
How to send case?
- Send your unpaid invoices and supporting documents for our review.
- Sign our debt collection contract and POA received from the manager.