Debt collection Estonia
The economy is open and deeply integrated with the economies of neighbor Sweden and Finland, as well as retains legacy economic ties with Russia. Finland, Russia, Sweden and Germany are four main trade partners. Trade balance though is negative.
Traditionally, Estonia has been seen as an area of rivalry between western and eastern Europe on many levels. Today, Estonian society encourages liberty and liberalism, with popular commitment to the ideals of the limited government, discouraging centralized power and corruption. Western values, culture and business practices are widespread.
The official language of Estonia is Estonian, from Finno-Ugric languages group. Although a good share of Estonians speak and/or understand Russian, the most popular foreign language is English.
No specific challenges of debt collection in Estonia are observed.
How to collect debt in Estonia?
Amicable collection is the most effective and cost-saving way to recover debt in Estonia. It is advised to refer case to collection when the debt is delinquent over 4 months. The less delinquency is the more chances to collect debt in Estonia are.
Amicable collection is applicable almost in any case apart from case of debtor’s bankruptcy or liquidation.
Whether amicable pre-legal collection proves to be ineffective, we check prospects of legal actions to recover the debt. Whether debtor is solvent and prospects are good, we will suggest optimal solution how to recover debt via legal actions in Estonia.
What we do to recover a debt in Estonia?
- study case details
- find core reason of failing to pay
- find debtor’s decision makers and financial controllers
- resolve language and cultural issues to reach payment agreement between creditor and debtor
- resolve legal and administrative problems to facilitate pending payments
- consult in finances to enable debtor to pay
- consult in local legislation and business threats to convince debtor to pay
- prepare case for legal actions
- file and support claim in court
- support enforcement of court award
How long it takes in Estonia?
Average time to recover debt in Estonia is 80 days.
What the fees are?
We charge success fee in form of percent from any money recovered.
No collection – no fee policy applies.
For legal collection, fees are calculated individually for every case, depending on nature of the case, debt amount, debtor’s location.
- we have debt recovery experience in Estonia
- we know local Estonian laws, finances and customs
- we understand local Estonian languages
- we charge no fees, unless debt is recovered
- we provide operative reporting
How to send case?
- Send your unpaid invoices and supporting documents for our review.
- Sign our debt collection contract and POA received from the manager.